03 / 6 / 2016 3.42pm
Streamlining is a collaborative programme of acute, community and mental health provider trusts led by HR directors who work together to:
- identify and share best practices through networks of operational managers
- benchmark performance, identify opportunities and innovations to save money and improve quality
- agree minimum standards and operational practices to eliminate duplication and inefficiency and
- lobby for national policy and system changes that will enable local practices to deliver better results for staff and patients.
Streamlining programmes enable HR and occupational health professionals to work collaboratively focussing on four key areas, these are:
- occupational health
- medical staffing
- statutory and mandatory training.
Working collectively within a specific area of expertise enables professionals to compare performance, share best practice, streamline processes, overcome issues, and agree on acceptable regional standards and working practices.
Streamlining provides a framework for continuous improvement within regions.