06 / 1 / 2017 Midnight
Director of Nursing
Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
Very senior manager
Description of the role
Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust is seeking to appoint a new director of nursing with the following attributes, which include:
- strong board-level leadership in a provider setting, capable of shaping strategic direction, vision and culture for a complex trust
- ability to deliver change while achieving continuous improvement
- intellect, political nous and immediate credibility to represent the trust at a local and regional level
- in-depth understanding of not only the clinical issues but also the managerial, financial and performance challenges facing the trust
- a high degree of integrity and diplomacy for building outstanding relationships with key stakeholders, particularly senior internal clinicians.
The ideal candidate may already be operating at board level, but equally may be in a large and complex role at the next level down and feel ready to take a first-step into a board role. In either case, they will have an excellent clinical reputation and highly credible nursing leadership experience based in a complex acute environment, and the ambition, aptitude and gravitas to make a major contribution to the trust's future success.
Find out further information and apply
Tim Powell via Susanna Mead
023 9228 6770
Closing date: Tuesday 17 January 2017