The professional relationships working group aims to improve relationships between GPs and community pharmacists and support joint working. The group has produced a number of materials to support this aim.
These guides aim to help the two professions better understand each other. They cover the following areas:
- funding and contractual arrangements
- clinical and administrative functions
- staff roles and responsibilities
- training and qualifications
- key national bodies
- where to get more information on each profession.
Additionally, a briefing for general practice on two key pharmacy services; the Medicines Use Review (MUR) and the New Medicine Service (NMS) is available. A one page feedback to GP form for the NMS has also been produced collaboratively by the working group to be of optimal benefit to GPs.
The group has produced the following materials: