13 / 7 / 2017 Midnight
The Women in Defence awards is an opportunity for you to show support for your reservists and their outstanding achievements by nominating an exceptional woman, man or inclusive team. The ceremony will take place on 1 November, and will include three new categories
Award categories and criteria:
- Inspirational Award – having inspired or positively influenced other colleagues.
- Outstanding Contribution Award – outstanding contribution to their organisation.
- Most Collaborative Award – creating a collaborative working arrangement that produced a positive effect.
- Special Award – for nominees whose achievements do not fit directly under the other categories. For example, achievements in sport that helped to inspire and motivate others or for over-coming adversity.
- Promotion of Gender Balance – promoting gender balance in their organisation to create a positive effect. (Open to women and men)
- NEW - Inclusive Teamwork Award – where all team members have had a voice and have been able to contribute, leading to a successful outcome with tangible organisational benefit. (Open to teams that include women and men)
- NEW - STEM in Defence Award – promoting and supporting activities for young women learning science, technology, engineering and mathematics. (Open to women and men)
- NEW - Emerging Talent Award - for early career professionals (including apprentices and graduates) demonstrating high performance.
- Woman of the Year 2017 – awarded to one of the female recipients of the categories above.
So if you know an exceptional woman, man or inclusive team in UK Defence that you think should be nominated this year complete the nomination form. Nomination deadline is midnight on 21st July.
For more information
Visit the Women in Defence UK for more details on the awards, criteria and how to submit nominations.