05 / 5 / 2017 3.25pm
In a new case study, The Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust shares its experience and advice on how to reduce medical agency spend.
The trust has improved on the amount it spends in a number of ways by implementing new ways of working, including:
- the introduction of a central deployment service
- standardisation of processes
- more effective use of e-rostering.
This case study details the work the trust has carried out including how they:
- worked with medical managers, consultants and junior doctors to develop and implement the work programme;
- developed the role of clinical champions to supporting embedding in teams;
- delivered benefits to the organisation, including significant savings, teams and staff.
Read the case study to find out more about the steps the trust took towards improvement and the successes that have been achieved.