17 / 5 / 2017 9.30am
Equality Diversity and Human Rights Week 2017 is here. NHS Employers invites organisations across the NHS to celebrate the week and embrace the opportunity to highlight the inspirational work happening every day to create a fairer, more inclusive NHS for patients and staff.
Take a look at the great things that are happening during #EQW2017 on our activity calendar. To kick off the week we launched our updated age, ethnicity and gender in the NHS infographics, shared the latest on Brexit and announced our 2017/18 diversity and inclusion partners. We have lots more planned during the week including how widening participation can help you to recruit from your local communities, everything you wanted to know about intersectionality and as a fantastic finale to the week you can join us at the 2017 disability summit in our Horizon, Leeds venue.
Get involved in #EQW2017:
- look out for the activities happening throughout the week on our activity calendar
- join our #EQW2017 twitter chat on intersectionality, hosted by @NHSE_Diversity 8pm - 9pm Wednesday 17 May
- follow the @NHSE_Diversity twitter account for live action throughout the week, and join the conversation using #EQW2017
- join our twibbon campaign and show your support on your own social media channels
- find out what other trusts are doing on our EQW2017 interactive map, and tell us what your trust is doing for EQW2017
- access and use the free tools and resources in our EQW2017 communications toolkit to deliver your local campaign
- Register for your place at the 2017 disability summit 2017
Show your support and help make #EQW2017 the best yet.