24 / 4 / 2017 Midnight
Not all NHS positions are eligible for a disclosure and barring service (DBS) check and employers have a legal responsibility to ensure they carrying out checks correctly. To make the decision process easier, we have developed a new, easy to use eligibility tool.
The new DBS check eligibility tool has been designed to:
- help HR practitioners determine whether a DBS check is required for a particular post
- provide clarity on the level of check required
- help to speed up the recruitment process
- help HR practitioners comply legally
- signpost HR to further useful resources.
How does the tool work?
The eligibility tool asks a number of questions with multiple choice answers, which will lead users to an answer of whether or not a DBS check is required and if so, the appropriate level of check applicable to the role.
You can find out more about DBS checks in the criminal record check
standard, including information on the legislative drivers and links to other useful resources.