05 / 1 / 2017 10.40am
In December, our flu fighter competition focused on the use of reward in flu fighter campaigns. We were looking for trusts that best used rewards as an incentive to encourage staff to have their flu vaccination.
We are pleased to announce that Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is the winner of the December award and our prize will be on its way to you soon.
What have they been doing?
This year Sherwood Forest offered a series of incentives that has resulted in them vaccinating 71 per cent of their staff by November, which is a 14 per cent improvement on uptake from last year. The incentives offered were:
- Meal deal vouchers for the trust’s hospital restaurant are given to every member of staff vaccinated.
- Every member of staff who received their vaccination was automatically entered into a prize draw to win a pay as you go, top of the range mobile phone. This was kindly donated by Unison Dukeries Branch.
- All staff who received their jab before the 22 December were entered into a special grand prize draw taking place on 23 December, to win a Galaxy tablet. This was also donated by the Unison Dukeries Branch.
There were also incentives for peer vaccinators, these included:
- High street vouchers were awarded to peer vaccinators when they had vaccinated 50 staff members.
- A grand prize draw for an iPadMini 4 which took place on the 23 December.
Next reward competition
The competition for January is now open and we are looking for the trust that best used communications in their flu fighting campaign.