06 / 1 / 2017 12.02pm
At the beginning of December, we met with health and wellbeing leads from across England in London and Leeds to find out what is happening across different NHS organisations.
Five different trusts spoke about what they are doing in certain areas, from improving staff experience, to providing healthy eating options, a new physical activity scheme and using the Global Corporate Challenge. The network shared what worked well in their organisations, and what didn’t.
We launched our new NHS Employers Health and Wellbeing communications guide, which supports NHS organisations to communicate and promote their health and wellbeing strategy to their staff, and shared some of the free resources available to help support the wellbeing of NHS staff.
In the meetings, we:
- looked at the new health and wellbeing Commissioning for Quality and Innovation payments for 2017/19 and how NHS organisations can access the funding
- heard from Steven Weeks, who leads on staff engagement at NHS Employers about the importance of the staff survey and how to improve scores
- heard what is happening nationally with the NHS England work around a healthy NHS workforce, and what was happening in individual organisations
- held a workshop on the new Department for Work and Pensions Green Paper, Work, Health and Disability: Improving Lives, to gain feedback from employers across the NHS to respond to the consultation.
Some of the key themes discussed were:
- the new health and wellbeing CQUIN and staff survey results
- the increased board engagement as a result of the raising national profile
- promoting mental wellbeing and resilience
- the importance of analysing data to inform your strategy.
To see more of what we discussed, read the slides
Find out more about the CQUIN on our webpages
and download our slides
to help you engage your board with the wellbeing agenda. Learn more about the staff survey and how to improve staff engagement from our staff engagement webpages
. Take a look at our emotional wellbeing toolkit
to help your staff start a conversation about emotional wellbeing conversation and track how they are feeling.
The next health and wellbeing leads network meeting will be in the form of a webinar in March, the date of which is still to be confirmed. If there is anything you would like us to cover, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.