To conclude Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Week 2017 celebrations, NHS Employers is holding a disability summit at Horizon Leeds.
A lot has happened since the last disability summit in May 2015, including the proposed introduction of the mandatory workforce disability equality standard (WDES) in March 2018 and the ambition of the NHS and social sector to make real the idea of ‘disability being seen as an asset’. A green paper was also introduced in October 2016, aiming to halve the current employment gap between disabled and non-disabled people, followed by activity by NHS England and NHS Employers to support employers in the NHS to recruit people with disabilities.
Meet the speakers
- Niall Dickson, Chief Executive, NHS Confederation
- Jaspreet Kaur, spoken word artist
- Rebecca Smith, Director of Engagement, NHS Employers
- Kate Nash OBE, Creator & CEO, PurpleSpace
- Dr Leander Neckles, Lead – Equality and Health Inequalities, NHS England
- Fiona Aldridge, Assistant Director Research & Development of Learning and Work Institute
- Dan Scorer, Head of policy, Mencap
- Mark Capper, Head of Employer Engagement, Mencap
Our programme will create an energetic, interactive, solutions focused day for conversation and constructive challenge through debate.
Who is this event for?
This event is aimed primarily at disabled staff, members of disability staff networks, those with responsibility and interest in advancing workplace disability equality, equality leads, HR managers and operational managers.
How to book your place
Bookings are now closed, however if you would still like to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Delegate place £99 + VAT
Please note all payments must be made prior to the event. Your delegate place is provisional until payment is confirmed. Payment can be made by credit card or by invoice (there will be a 5% booking fee to pay by invoice)
Find out more about diversity and inclusion.