To conclude Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Week 2017 celebrations, NHS Employers is holding a disability summit at our Horizon Leeds conference venue.
Since the last disability summit in May 2015 a lot has happened. This includes the proposed introduction of the mandatory workforce disability equality standard (WDES) in March 2018 and the ambition of the NHS and social sector to make real the idea of ‘disability being seen as an asset’. In addition, the green paper introduced in October 2016, which aims to halve the current employment gap between disabled and non-disabled people, and the ensuing activity by NHS England and NHS Employers to support employers in the NHS to recruit people with disabilities.
Meet the speakers
- Kate Nash OBE, Creator & CEO, PurpleSpace
- Ruth Passman, Deputy Director for Equalities and Health Inequalities NHS England
- Professor Peter Ryan, Middlesex University
- Rebecca Smith, Director of Engagement, NHS Employers
- Jaspreet Kaur, spoken word artist
- Fiona Aldridge, Assistant Director Research & Development of Learning and Work Institute
- Dan Scorer, Head of policy Mencap & Mark Capper, Head of Employer Engagement, Mencap
Join us for an energetic, interactive, solutions focused day which will create space for conversation and constructive challenge through debate.
See the full agenda.
Who is this event for?
This event is aimed primarily at disabled staff, members of disability staff networks, those with responsibility and interest in advancing workplace disability equality, equality leads, HR managers and operational managers.
Delegate place £99 + VAT
Please note all payments must be made prior to the event. Your delegate place is provisional until payment is confirmed. Payment can be made by credit card or by invoice (there
You can find out more about diversity and inclusion.