20 / 9 / 2016 2.30pm
Update September 2016: Our roadmap for the Big Three
We’re delighted to share the outcome of three community conversations we recently hosted with OD folk from across the NHS. The purpose was to talk about our Big Three and consider actions that we can take as a community of practitioners. The new Do OD Roadmap
contains a summary of each conversation and an action plan for the next six months and beyond. We would love your feedback! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
with your thoughts and comments. If you’d like to be involved in any of the actions let us know. We’d love to have you on board! We’ll update with more news on a regular basis through our mailing list.
After testing out these themes and ideas with OD colleagues in our steering group and in the OD regional networks, we’re now ready to share the next level of detail under each theme and the questions we hope to answer. We offer these as a conversation starter and an invitation for colleagues across the country to get involved.
Working in complex contexts
- What does place based OD look like?
- How can the practice of OD contribute to efficiency and productivity challenges?
- How do we shape healthy and safe cultures?
People transforming systems
- Can we design and deliver OD strategies with impact?
- What’s the role of OD in the current and future NHS?
Building capacity and capability
Have your say and get involved
- What help do we need so we can be more reflexive practitioners?
- How can we diffuse OD capability across clinicians and managers?
- What are the OD essentials we need to demonstrate our value?
If you have an interest in one (or more) of these areas, we’d love to hear from you. Email email@example.com
and we’ll bring some folk together virtually and physically to do some exciting stuff.
How we’re improving Do OD in 2016/17
We’re really keen to work at an even deeper level and continue to improve the quality of our work, so we’re going to be doing some things differently going forward.
- The monthly newsletter will now become a quarterly round up, and we’ll make more use of shorter ‘newsflash’ emails. We’ll also continue to share news and updates on Twitter and LinkedIn too.
- Our monthly DoODcast is changing to a podcast mini-series. Instead of a monthly episode focusing on a different topic, we’ll be producing a short series of episodes on a particular theme that might come out week-by-week or day-by-day.
- The OD Superstar programme will morph into a more in-depth ‘case study’ format which means we’ll publish fewer per year but they will be focused on the how-things-work aspect of OD which folk seem to really appreciate.
- We’ll continue to publish blogs and articles on a regular monthly basis. If you feel inspired to write for us, get in touch and we’ll have a chat about some ideas. We love to publish work from our OD community!
Three years ago we launched Do OD with the goal of helping people to connect, share, learn and grow. These four principles have given us a solid foundation to set our sights high for the coming year. We’re looking forward to working on these together with our OD community and continuing to Do – OD!