What is healthcare science week?
This week is an opportunity for your healthcare science professionals to educate and inspire the scientific workforce of the future. It also enables people in your local community to learn about what scientists do and the vital role they play in patient care and treatment.
When is it taking place?
Healthcare Science Week 2017 takes place from 10 - 19 March alongside British Science Week
Who should get involved?
Now is the time to encourage lead scientists and ambassadors to start planning their local activity. Your trust could have a stand in a public area or the foyer of the hospital, give a presentation in a school or college, or invite school and college students into one of the healthcare science departments. For inspiration, take a look at last year's activity in our Healthcare Science Week 2016
social media round-up.
This year, we are using the hashtag #hcsweek17 so don't forget to include it in all your social media activity to build momentum. You can also join the twibbon campaign by adding the HCS twibbon @WeHCScientists to your twitter profile.
Information and resources are available to organisations to help make Healthcare Science Week 2017 a success.
- Offical logo
- Official Healthcare Science Week 2017 poster
- Download the NHS Employers poster which provides an at-a-glance view of some of the opportunities available.
- Health Careers has produced a guide for trusts called Careers in healthcare science which can help organisations plan their activity.
- Download the ambassadors toolkit from the Health Careers website.
- You can find a great animation on YouTube developed by the North West Healthcare Science Network that shows the unique contribution healthcare scientists make to patient care.
- Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust has produced a series of healthcare science films designed to help students with their career choices.
Calendar of events
We would like to hear about what you have planned and include this in our calendar of events. You can email a brief outline of what you have planned, dates and contact details and we will be in touch to find out more.